You’re Almost Home.
We’re so glad you’re ready to apply for campus housing. Living on campus is one of the best ways to get the most out of your Boise State experience. On campus housing is usually in high demand so apply early.
Please review our process below before starting your application.
1 | Apply
2 | Assignment
3 | Move-In
You’re going to love living on campus. Make plans to apply early.
- December 4th – Housing and Living Learning Program applications open at noon MST
- November 15, at noon MST – If you have applied by this date you will receive an assignment or will be notified of your status on a wait list prior to the December 1 cancellation deadline
- Move in – January 6th 2018
- December 25th 2017 – First housing payment due
Complete your 10-minute application. You’ll be asked to:
- Select your top 5 communities
- Pay $50 nonrefundable application fee*
- Pay $250 housing down payment*
- Electronically sign the license agreement
- Contact the Educational Access Center if you need accommodations
- Check your BroncoMail frequently for important updates
*Your application is not complete until you’ve paid the application fee and housing down payment.
Once we’ve received your application, we’ll get to work.
Assignments are made on a first-come basis. We will first consider your community requests then your room/suite-type preference when making assignments so take time to choose communities with room/suite-types that meet your budget and preference. Improve your chances of getting your community request by doing the following:
- Apply early.
- List at least 5 communities you would like to live in (you can change your community requests on your application until April 1)
- Apply for a Living Learning Program (fall applicants only)
Sophomore and Above Students:
- Apply early – housing is limited
- Use RoomSync to match up with roommates
- Select your room preference (only for returning residents)
Housing assignments are made as space is available on a first-come basis.
|December 4||Housing and Living Learning Program applications open at noon (MST).|
|February 23||Sophomore and above students who apply by this date will be able to participate in RoomSync and self-assignment.|
|February 26 - March 9||RoomSync open for sophomore and above students.|
|March 12 - March 16||Self-assignment open for sophomore and above students.|
|April 1||First year students who have applied by this date will receive their community assignment by April 13.|
|May 14 - May 31||RoomSync open for first year students. Students who have applied by May 31 will receive their room and roommate assignment by June 15.|
|June 15||First year students who apply by this date are guaranteed housing. Students who cancel after this date forfeit their housing downpayment.|
|July 5||First housing charges are posted to students' accounts.|
|July 15||Last day to apply for early arrival. Housing cancellation deadline - students who cancel after this date are charged a buyout fee.|
|July 25||First housing payment due.|
|August 17||Move-in day!|
Everything you have done so far leads up to the big event — Move-In.
First-Year and Sophomore and Above Students
Move-In for fall semester is always the Friday before classes begin. If you plan to arrive on campus before then, you can apply for early arrival.
Move-In for new students for spring semester is always the Saturday before spring classes begin. If you plan to arrive before then, email email@example.com.
Events & Tour Opportunities
Bronco Day (early April)
Academic showcases, campus tours, scavenger hunts, and a tailgate party leading up to the Bronco spring football game. Take a tour of your housing options.
BroncoVenture Orientations (June, July, August)
- Tour Housing
- Register for Classes
The University reserves the right to deny or cancel an On Campus Housing* agreement to an individual whose conduct or criminal history indicates an actual or perceived threat or danger to the University community including students, faculty and staff.
The University may relocate any On Campus Housing* resident without cause or prior notice for health and safety reasons or to protect University property, restore operations, or meet the needs of the University community or its individual members.
* “On Campus Housing” includes Chaffee, Driscoll, Honors College and Sawtooth, Keiser, Morrison, and Taylor residence halls, Lincoln Townhomes, University Square (Jade, Jasper, Garnet, Topaz), University Suites (Clearwater, Payette, Selway), the University Apartments (University Heights, University Manor, University Park, University Village), and any designated, temporary overflow housing.