You’re Almost Home.
We’re so glad you’re ready to apply for campus housing. Living on campus at Boise State is in high demand and as of June 15th, nearly all our bed spaces have been assigned.
- First Year Student applicants – Additional housing options are now available, but space is filling up fast. The earlier you apply, the better chance you have of being able to live on campus for your first year.
- Sophomore and Above applicants – You will automatically be added to a wait list and we will assign you as soon as a space becomes available. We recommend exploring off-campus housing options in the meantime.
Please review our process below before starting your application.
1 | Apply
2 | Assignment
3 | Move-In
Application Timeline Fall 2017
- April 1 – First-Year Students who have applied by this date will receive an assignment early April
- Feb 24 – Priority Date for Sophomore and Above Students
- June 15 – First-Year Students who have applied by June 15 are guaranteed housing.
Application Timeline Spring 2017
- December 15 – First-Year students who apply by this date will receive an assignment by the end of December as space is available
Complete your 10-minute application. You’ll be asked to:
- Select your top 5 housing options
- Pay $50 nonrefundable application fee*
- Pay $250 housing down payment*
- Electronically sign the license agreement
- Contact the Educational Access Center if you need accommodations
- Check your BroncoMail frequently for important updates
*Your application is not complete until you’ve paid application fee and and housing down payment.
If you have applied for financial aid and have a $0 EFC, as calculated by the Financial Aid and Scholarships office, you may qualify to defer this fee and down payment if you are currently unable to pay. Payment would be deferred until the 10th day of class. If you have sufficient financial aid, it may cover the down payment. Please fill out this form (you’ll need to use your BroncoMail account) and our office will contact you when we have reviewed your application.
Housing assignments are made based on the date of your completed application, with notification beginning as early as April 8 for fall 2017 applicants.
Spring 2017 applicants will be notified December 20.
Improve your chances of getting your assignment preferences by doing the following:
Sophomore and Above Students:
|December 5||Housing and LLC applications open.|
|February 24||Priority Application Date for Sophomore+ students. Priority application date for LLCs.|
|March 1||Wave 1 of RoomSync opens. Students who applied prior to this time are sent a link to enter RoomSync.|
|March 15||RoomSync closes for Sophomore+ students.|
|April 1||Priority date for First Year students. Wave 1 of RoomSync closes for First Year Students|
|April 8||Students who applied prior to April 1 get their room assignment. Assignments are made based on application date or earliest application date in roommate pairing, housing availability, and housing preferences.|
|May 15||Wave 2 of RoomSync opens for First Year students. Students who applied after April 1 and before May 15 are sent a link to enter RoomSync.|
|May 28||Wave 2 of RoomSync closes for First Year students who applied after April 1|
|June 15||First Year students who apply by this date are guaranteed housing. Students who cancel after this date forfeit their housing downpayment.|
|July 1||All students who applied by June 15th will receive a housing assignment.|
|After July 1||Students who apply after June 15th are assigned on an ongoing basis as space is available.|
|July 5||First housing bill is sent out.|
|July 15||Last day to apply for early arrival. Housing cancellation deadline - students who cancel after this date are charged a buyout fee.|
|July 25||First housing payment due.|
Everything you have done so far leads up to the big event — Move-In.
First-Year and Sophomore and Above Students
Move-In for fall semester is always the Friday before classes begin. If you plan to arrive on campus before then, you can apply for early arrival.
Move-In for new students for spring semester is always the Saturday before spring classes begin. If you plan to arrive before then, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events & Tour Opportunities
Bronco Day (early April)
Academic showcases, campus tours, scavenger hunts, and a tailgate party leading up to the Bronco spring football game. Take a tour of your housing options.
BroncoVenture Orientations (June, July, August)
- Tour Housing
- Register for Classes
The University reserves the right to deny or cancel an On Campus Housing* agreement to an individual whose conduct or criminal history indicates an actual or perceived threat or danger to the University community including students, faculty and staff.
The University may relocate any On Campus Housing* resident without cause or prior notice for health and safety reasons or to protect University property, restore operations, or meet the needs of the University community or its individual members.
* “On Campus Housing” includes Chaffee, Driscoll, Keiser, Morrison, and Taylor residence halls, University Square (Buildings D, E, F, G), University Suites (Clearwater, Payette, Selway), Lincoln Townhomes (Aspen, Cedar, Hawthorne, Juniper, Spruce, Tamarack), the Honors College and First-Year Residence Hall, the University Apartments (University Heights, University Manor, University Park, University Village), and any designated, temporary overflow housing.